I am regularly featured on various podcasts as a guest expert. Here are a few of my recent interviews.
Experience 50 - The Podcast
"A Trip to the Therapist in Middle Age"
"Are you buffering at mid life?"
"Holidays and Adult Kids"
"Family Dynamics and Aging Parents"
"Is Your Marriage Over? Part 1"
"Is Your Marriage Over Part 2"
"The Mind of Menopause"
The Couples Expert Podcast
"Give Your Marriage A Mid Life Makeover"
Diann talks about some of the changes that occur for relationships during the midlife time of your life. With all the changes that are occurring both physically and psychologically this can be a trying time for couples. What is important that couples communicate and let each other become aware of some of the emotional issues that may keep us all from feeling close and connected.
This interview covers some of the following topics
- Awareness of how to deal with the empty nest and how to cope with unmet needs
- Mid life is the time to reinvest into the relationship to become more of a couple and more emotionally available to one another.
- Vulnerability of midlife due to all of the physical and psychological changes
- Gender differences with regards to the romantic area of a relationship and how to cope with them
The Make A Mental Note Podcast
"Women and The Mid Life Transition"
In this podcast interview, Diann discusses the characteristics of women in mid-life transition and how they can “navigate the waters of change. This interview goes into depth on how women reevaluate their earlier life choices during mid life and are often ready for change.
Here are some of the highlights of this interview:
- Some women who are in marriages that have been functioning well may not feel fulfilled and start questioning whether they want to continue in their relationships.
- More divorces are initiated by women than by men, which is likely due to the cultural shift that has happened since women have been in the work force. In addition, more women have the financial wherewithal to imagine living separately.
- Reasons women question their relationships/are dissatisfied with relationships: it’s human nature to want to change their circumstances when they’re unhappy. Women contemplate, “How would I feel if I made this change?” Much of human behavior is driven by how people think a change will make them feel.
- Women need the tools to cope with stress, but also need to process where they are and what they want in life.
The Women in Depth Podcast
"Women and the Midlife Crisis"
Diann talks about how she helps women approach change with mindfulness, neurobiology, positive psychology, and attachment theory. Have you faced the fear of change as you approach your mid-life years? Listen to this episode for practical information and inspiration, based on how our bodies, minds and brains really work at mid life.